Monday, February 06, 2012

Nature Hour

I went trail running a couple of days ago. Here's the trail (left). This section was relatively flat, but the rest of it was
ALL uphill. Steep, steep hills. I'm not exaggerating. Not one little bit.

And because of those steep, steep hills, I still can barely walk, two days later. The still-barely-being-able-to-walk-two-days-later syndrome is one strike against trail running, but Saturday was so beautiful and non-winter-like that I had to get out into the hills.

Here are some reasons why trail running rocks: Deer!
















And more deer!

I also saw bunnies, quail, and other hikers, none of which lent themselves to photos.

So that was my hour in nature Saturday. Sunday I went to the beach and enjoyed even more totally awesome winter weather. Yes, we'll be regretting it this summer when there's no more water left, but it's hard not to enjoy it. Now, if I can just hobble to the kitchen, I'm going to fetch myself some chocolate.

No comments: