Thursday, March 06, 2008

Gourmet Quique

As those of you who have ever met me can attest, I like to eat. A lot.

That is, I like very much to eat, and I like to eat very much.

I like to eat different types of food and will give just about anything a try. I have knowingly eaten tongue (yum), pig's ear (yuck), snails and lung (in haggis). I have likely consumed an inordinate number of insects unwittingly and God only knows what parasites and bacteria, as well as quail sushi (very bad idea). I have also tried oysters, whose reputation as an aphrodisiac is inexplicable given their propensity to induce violent gagging. That's not hot.

Having established my culinary adventurousness, I have actually encountered a recipe I will not try. I will share it with you, my loyal readers.

This recipe was given by a friend we'll call Quique, a participant in my first Regular Poker Game, to be held biweekly, if biweekly means every two weeks.

Anyway, Quique's aunt taught him this recipe. I will describe it to you, approximating as closely as I can the way Quique shared it:

"First, you get macaroni, and you put it in a pot with some water, and you do all the magic stuff to get it all cooked. (That's boiling - Pancha.)

Then you get ketchup and put it on the macaroni and mix it up. It's really good."

No, no, I can't imagine that it is.

Quique was teased mercilessly for this, as is right and proper. I hope we didn't hurt his feelings as he's really, really nice. But he should definitely stay away from the kitchen.

In case you're wondering, I lost my money. Perhaps I should stay away from poker.

I am also hereby issuing an open invitation to all readers of this interactive blog to come on down and play in the next Regular Poker Game. Let me know if you're interested, and if you're lucky, maybe Quique will bring some Mac 'n' Ketchup.

P.

No comments: