Wednesday, February 06, 2008

PLooPeRS

Alright, I realize it's been a while since I posted last, and my 3-4 loyal fans are probably getting a little miffed at having to wait so long between insightful musings, but I have been hard at work relandscaping the American political, um, landscape. Mowing the American political lawn? Pruning the American political shrubbery? You get the idea.

I'm soooo busy at work that I was able to spend a good portion of my morning chatting over gmail with my crusading reporter friend in the eastlands. Said friend, whom we'll call Hank, was also soooo busy that he spent a good portion of his afternoon responding. ("Wait a minute," you say. "It was morning for you and afternoon for him? Wha-?" Ah, the miracles of the space-time continuum.)

Anyway, the chat turned to politics, as it is Ash Wednesday, the day after Super Fat Tuesday, and, well, long story short, there's a new political party in town. It's called PLooPeRS, and it's coming to a ballot box near you.

That's right, the Progressive Libertarian with a Personal Responsibility Streak (the "oo" and "e" are just for fun) was formed this very morning in a bicoastal effort to waste a little time. Our credo is best summed up by Hank, the Founding PLooPeRS Father and Head PLooPeRS Philosopher, who wrote:

"The borders should be relatively open, everyone should have healthcare, and gay people should get to do it and get married, but people who smoke cigarettes shouldn't get to sue when they get cancer."

We're taking back the White House in 2012, and if you're at all politically savvy or concerned about the upkeep of the American political garden, then you'll stand with us. Hank has dibs on president; I've secured the speechwriter job, and my valiant hound is the mascot, the Personal Responsibility Lab. She wears a cape. Also, Hank has appointed Bruce Springsteen the Secretary of Awesome.

So, really, you can't not join us. There's a dog in a cape, a Secretary of Awesome, and a haiku:

Responsible and
Libertarian am I
and Progressive too

What more could you ask for in a political party?

Judging from what's out there already, not much.

I'll be awaiting your contributions.

No comments: