Monday, September 18, 2006

First blog

Our story begins in a bright yet claustrophobic office known as "The Studio."

There, our heroine, Pancha, (that is to say, me) sits at her keyboard occupying her time watching her black Labrador retriever roll around on the grass in the back yard (ahhh ... to be a dog), exchanging polite, but increasingly strained, e-mails with the printer company in an effort to figure out why her printer all of a sudden stopped working (it's a conspiracy), and hoping fervently for meaningful employment (or any kind of employment, really).

No, it's not as exciting as it might sound. That's why I, Pancha, the heroine of my own story, have started this blog. Because if this is what I've got to do on a Monday ... well then, I'll be damned if you're not going to suffer right along with me.

Forgive me. That was a little harsh. My intent is not to make you, my loyal and enthusiastic reader, suffer. I actually have quite a bit to do, and it might be quite interesting if I actually did it, but I have been actively engaged in procrastination for the better part of three hours, and honestly, I don't foresee that changing any time soon.

As I absolutely must get out of the house before going mad, I am going to wrap up with a few words about what you can expect on these cyberpages:

Not much.

I think that sums it up quite nicely. To expand:
I will not post regularly, but instead when time permits and the mood strikes.
I will not make it a point to entertain you, because that is simply setting me up for failure, and I've had quite enough of that recently, thank you very much.
I will not be worldly or topical in my entries -- this is not the place to come if you're looking for insightful commentary on the state of American politics.

I hope I have lowered your expectations significantly. Please check back for more postings whenever you feel like it. Maybe it'll be your lucky day.

hasta luego,
pancha.

No comments: