Thursday, February 21, 2008

Aries v. Astrologer

As my trusty sidekick was off making the world safe for democracy, and my valiant hound was off making my parents’ back yard safe from an impending squirrel invasion, I was off with a friend, “Paul” (his real name), getting accosted by a drunken astrologer in that venerable San Francisco institution, the Gold Dust Lounge.

Drunken Astrologer seemed to feel that his first duty to humanity was to keep the world safe from the peaceful enjoyment of an after-work beer. However, as neither “Paul” nor I had worked that day, and as we were both determined to enjoy a beer at any cost, Drunken Astrologer was only marginally successful.

Anyway, upon learning I was both a mother and an Aries, Drunken Astrologer’s face fell.

“Oh,” he said, visibly disappointed, but struggling heroically to smile and be nice. “You’re not very nurturing.”

Oh yeah?! Nurture this, f---er!

Wait, that wasn’t a particularly motherly response, was it?

Hm. I may have to work on that. Also, I don’t believe that New Age-y types should drink – they get mean.

On another note, I have received some submissions from loyal readers (you know who you are) to enhance our list of jargon to avoid. I’m going to leave the submission window open a little longer so those of you who have not contributed (we all know who you are) can have the opportunity to be included – honored, really – on this, your favorite blog.

Later beautiful people.
P.

1 comment:

mcking1973 said...

So, like one time, at the Gold Dust, I was watching a Yankees playoff game with my aunt, who was in from the eastlands, and it was a sunday afternoon, and we were kicking it at the Gold Dust and homeless dude bought one of the waitresses lingeries from the victoria's secret down the block. a pair of panties. true story.

one other time, i got a little drunk there before an awards ceremony that rhymes with GMTJ with someone whose name sorta rhymes with sadie beezerk.

I love the Gold Dust.