Friday, February 10, 2012

Lost

I just made a rather disturbing discovery: I'm missing Chapter 15.

Do you remember what you were doing in November 2008 and November 2009? I do. I was participating in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), in which crazy people attempt to write a 50,000-word novel in 30 days. It's not even one of the long months, although I am glad it's not February.

Anyway, in 2008, I successfully wrote 50,000 words, though the novel wasn't even close to complete. Well, maybe kind of close ... we'll say a little less than halfway. In 2009, I wrote 40,000 words, and still didn't finish the novel.

That kind of intense living with one's writing can lead one to put it down for a time, as I did for two years. But now I'm ready; I have time in my life once again, and it's time to finish. So, to refresh my memory, I read the first part from 2008: Chapters 1-14. Tonight, I started the second part, from 2009 ... which starts at Chapter 16.

Could anyone tell me what happened to Chapter 15?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

It must have been good, too, because all of a sudden our heroes are in quite a predicament. Too bad I have no idea what happened.

If anyone can tell me what was in Chapter 15, I'd be much obliged. If you want to make something up and send it on over, I'll take a look.

Dude. Not cool.


2 comments:

William Kendall said...

My chapter fifteen involves a terrorist attack. Unless your novel is about a terrorist attack, I don't think the two would fit...

Panchita said...

Darn ... but I appreciate the thought!